Our outpatient offices are open Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM until 5:00 PM. Because of surgery schedules, the physicians typically see patients on specific days. We will make every effort to offer a mutually convenient time.
What to bring to your office visit
If we do not already have your medical information in our office, please bring the following with you on the day of your appointment.
- Diagnostics: All diagnostic studies related to your neurosurgical condition including the films and the written reports. These include: X-rays, MRIs, CT scans, angiograms, mylograms, discograms.
- New Patient Package: If you are a new patient to our office, you should have received a "New Patient" package. Please make sure to complete the History and Medication forms included.
- Insurance Information: Your insurance information, including your insurance card.
- Referral: Referral from your primary care physician, if needed.
- Referring Physician: Referring physician information. Please let us know the names, address, phone and fax numbers of the physicians to whom you would like us to send our reports and findings.
- Questions: A list of questions you want to ask the physician.
- Workers Compensation Information: If your visit is related to a work injury, please make sure to bring the claim number, address and phone number of the insurance, the date of the injury, and the phone number of the case manager handling your claim.
Additional Testing & Results
During your visit, the doctor may decide that additional testing is needed. We will make every effort to schedule these tests at a convenient time and location. Please note that some tests may require an authorization from your insurance company prior to being able to schedule them. It may take several days before an authorization is received from your insurer.
We will contact you regarding your test results and follow-up as they are received and the physician has the opportunity to thoroughly review them. Please note that it may take up to a week for some routine testing results to become available. If you have not heard from us, please contact your physician's office and ask to speak to his Administrative Assistant.
If you need to have surgery
If you and your physician decide that surgery is the best option, our surgery scheduler will coordinate a convenient time and arrange for your pre-testing requirements. The scheduler will obtain authorization from your insurer for the doctor's professional coverage. The hospital will also pre-certify your hospital stay with your insurer.
Calling our office
Because of their operating and clinic schedule, your neurosurgeon may not be present to speak with you immediately when you call with a question or need information. Our office has experienced Nurse Practitioners, Physician Assistants, and medical secretaries who can answer many of your questions or will relay the message to your neurosurgeon for follow-up. If you have an emergency situation, we can always contact one of the physicians in our group.
Emergencies & after hours calls
If you have an emergency situation after hours or on the weekend, we have neurosurgeons on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If you call the office number you usually use to reach your physicianor call 315-464-4470, you will be forwarded to our answering service. The answering service will contact the physician if they determine your call needs immediate action. Remember that the on-call physician may not be your regular physician and may need to ask some detailed questions about your case history so he can assist you.
If you would like a copy of your medical records, we are happy to provide them to you. You will need to sign a release authorizing us to send your records. Your request can be made directly to your physician's office.
Under privacy and security regulations, we are only allowed to provide the information that was generated in our practice. We are not authorized to release any diagnostic, operative reports, hospital data, referring physician notes, or any other information that was provided from an external source.
Our Committment to You
Our group is dedicated to offering superior neurosurgical care in a patient-focused and caring environment. We encourage you to let us know how well we are serving you or if you have recommendations on how we can improve our practice.
Your suggestions are always welcomed and appreciated. You can offer your comments directly to the office staff or call:
Phone: 315 464-9375.